Demonstrating its commitment to global mine safety, Minecorp has recently invested significant funds to expand its research, development and testing facilities in Australia.
The new equipment includes machinery supplied and supported by Headland, including a TRUMPF TruBend 5130 Press Brake, TRUMPF TruLaser 3030 and SOCO SB-63X4A Tube Bender to name a few.
“This gives us the capability to expand our testing processes and produce precise, compliant products to protect employees working in mines worldwide,” said Angus McIntyre, Head of Research and Development.
Minecorp’s main product range includes purpose-built Roll Over Protection Systems (ROPS) that have been adapted to perfectly suit each popular light vehicle used on mine sites.
Minecorp strengthens and modifies four wheel drives from Ford, Toyota, Nissan, Volkswagen and other leading manufactures with ROPS fitted to existing roof structures; lightweight and robust trays, guards and bull bars; robust suspension systems; and high visibility lighting and electrical systems to convert recreational / road going four wheel drives to mine-site appropriate vehicles.
Quality vehicle fit-outs mean that vehicles last longer on site, are compliant with site safety and protect vehicle occupants in the event of a vehicle roll over or accident.
In particular, Minecorp’s ROPS provide much needed strength to the B and C pillars of the vehicle when it is overturned and maintain the occupants’ survival space.
Other additional ROPS safety features include:
- Purpose-built couplings to maximise strength and eliminate protruding fasteners
- Head impact padding that exceeds head impact criteria
- Thorough testing to maintain the integrity of Safety Assist Technology eg. side curtain airbags and seat belts
- Manufactured from Computer Numeric Control (CNC) mandrel bent Cold Drawn Welded (CDW) tubing
- Structurally mounted to body of vehicle
- Lightweight option with little or no effect on the load carrying capacity
The new research, developing and testing equipment will develop additional products to increase light vehicle safety.
Minecorp manufactures, distributes and installs light vehicle safety equipment to protect employees working in harsh environments.
For more information about Minecorp visit www.minecorp.com.au