Demand for Fabricated Facades on the Rise in the New Zealand Building and Construction Market
Sector Changes Driving Up Demand
The New Zealand building industry is going through the biggest changes it has seen in the last 15 years. The changes are concerned with building safety and a review of the industry as a whole to improve the risk and liability of companies failing to comply with the new standards. Changes also encourage quicker approval with manufacture possible offsite, all having a positive effect on the number of commercial and homes being built.
In June this year, reforms to the building sector have helped to build confidence, changes to the latest changes to the Building act mean that efficiencies of the industry will improve and also the offsite construction can also happen to approved businesses “the changes to the Building Act aim to lift the efficiency and quality of building work and provide fairer outcomes if things go wrong”, read more.
Albeit a slight decline in 2021, since 2015 overall the construction industry overall has been steadily increasing, with the industry contributing close to 15.8 billion in GDP in the year end March, 2021.
On the residential side, the number of housing consents is at an all-time high, with an annualised growth of 18%. A comprehensive government support package is also said to have kept the sector buoyant read more.
With industry changes and government support, the building industry is growing at a steady pace, with demand for facades and cladding increasing in demand.
As you can see in the image below, with the exception of the commercial buildings sector, each sector has grown in 2021. (source; https://www.stats.govt.nz/).
Manufactures in this Sector
- Sheetmetals Ltd, stainless steel architecture and general sheetmetal work.
- Insol, they specialise in architectural screening and facades.
- Architectural Facades, specialising in aluminium cladding and architectural facades.
- Spectrum, facades for the residential industry.
- Metal Concepts, bespoke products are manufactured in Auckland and supplied nationwide and internationally.
- Thermosash, world class solutions in the design, manufacture and installation of bespoke engineered building envelopes within New Zealand and abroad.
- ACMF, specialised facade products.
How are they Manufacturing and what Products are Being Produced
- Cross beams
- Architectural screens
- Louvres and Screens
- Architectural Cladding
- Primary suspension systems for the above products
What Equipment can help
- Punching machines
- Bending machines
- Laser cutting machines
Want to know more?
If you’d like to know more, download our Technology Review for the Building and Construction Market. Or simply make an online enquiry and one of our specialists can speak with you about the right solution for your manufacturing business.